Digital Industry Season 2 is now open. This year, the Digital Industry SEASON 2 has on-boarded industrial companies and a city keen to address challenges to start ups. GE provides financial support, mentoring resources and a cloud platform: Predix. With this support, selected Start-Ups will build and deploy apps, get the opportunity to access GE's network and unlock business opportunities with the challenge providers.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Sept 15 — Oct 23
Teams apply to one or two challenges of the program through our online application form. Upon submission, the GE Digital team will follow-up reviewing applications, providing feedback and answering all questions to help candidates draft the best final application. GE Digital will be pre-selecting six to eight teams per challenge to move to the next phase and to be presented to the GE business units and GE customers responsible for the challenges (challenge owners).
START UP SELECTION
Oct. 23 - Dec. 11
Three work sessions will be facilitated by NUMA teams and mentors. These discussions will namely cover the design of a lightweight experiment to validate the potential of the proposed solution, the resources required in the process and a common go-to-market strategy.
- Oct. 30 - Nov. 3: Pre-selected teams will be invited to exchange with the challenge owners during a 30 minutes teleconference. 3 startups will be invited to the next phase.
- Nov. 20 - 23rd: start-ups will meet the challenge owners in Paris or in Tel Aviv, for an advanced meeting of 1h30 to define the scope of the collaboration.
- Dec. 11: The best 2 startups will be invited to pitch at NUMA in front of a jury panel that will announce who the winners for each challenge is.
Dec. 11 - Mar. 30, 2018
This phase will allow winning teams to move from an idea of collaboration to a pilot solution, developed as an app on PREDIX, running by April 2018. This implementation phase will be supported by GE Business Units, GE customers, Predix Experts and UX designers.
- Step 1: Enter in the Alliance Program as an Independant Software Vendor
- Step 2: Validation of the Use Case Business with the Challenge Provider
- Step 3: Predix Training
- Step 4: UX Design session to define user stories
- Step 5: Product Design validation
- Step 6: Deployment of the solution/Prototype
- Step 7: Test